POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coding smooth shapes in Pov : Coding smooth shapes in Pov Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Coding smooth shapes in Pov
From: Hugo
Date: 15 Oct 2001 13:04:06
Message: <3bcb1706@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm developing some macros that I hope will make it easier for me to code
some "beautiful" shapes. Here's an example of splines, but I'm not finished.
My ideas are mostly about smooth extrusion, spline shapes, easy ways to go
from ordinary primitives into smooth stuff and seamlessly back to
primitives.. It's also about speedy rendering (using triangles here as you
can see) and I'd like the macros to be flexible and useful to other people
than myself.

I'm not great in math but I like to code and I think the POV newsserver is a
great source for help and inspiration. Nice people here. I'm asking about
your ideas. When you code your models and run into problems, what features
is it you miss? I'm not saying I can make something really great, but your
input could expand my ideas...

Hugo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: